Using Digital Tools for Assessment

From the start of this science class, I learned how to use an technology for assessment. I started out using Nearpod. I have never heard of this program before, but I'm glad that this is what I picked to do my digital me on. I also was able to teach my class how to use this specific assessment tool. On Nearpod, I was able to insert my powerpoint onto the website and at the end I put an assessment. That assessment allowed me to see the results that everyone had to my question, and I could share the answers with my class. My class was able to answer the questions on their own computer linked to my Nearpod, and the class was given a link. I really loved this program and I will be using it as a future teacher. Also, in class, we used google forms a lot. I noticed that teachers in my other classes have been using google forms more recently. When we did the earth science presentations, many people assessed the class using google forms. This is a really fast way to see everyones responses, and to save paper! Using technology for assessment is a great and quick method for an exit ticket, and its already graded for you!

Comments

  1. Hi Allie! Your blog looks very professional. I really like the theme you used to set it up. I agree with you that it seems really recent that teachers have started to use google forums in our classes. I think it is a great tool, as you said, to give instant feedback and it would be very useful in a classroom one day. I also thought Nearpod was a great tool that could be easily used in a classroom one day. I had talked about using Voicethread in my blog for days that I may be absent and need to leave plans for a sub, but I think Nearpod may be just as useful. Even though I may not be there in person, I could see the students questions in real time and be able to answer them just as fast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment