Our First Day of Fieldwork!

Our first day of fieldwork For Science and Technology Methods was definitely quite the experience. I was so nervous and excited to meet the 4th graders. It turns out, I knew more than half of them from previous fieldwork experiences! For the first day, we did a very different ice breaker activity. Each fieldwork group has their own get to know you activity, and the children rotated to each group. I really liked the way this turned out. It was nice to meet the children in small groups, and get to know them personally. My group did a board game called "Saturn's Spectacular Science Showdown." It included 4 different topics. If the student spun and landed on a pink square, they had to answer a question about themselves. If the students landed on a Blue triangle, they had to complete a seven second challenge while answering a science questions. If the student lands on an orange circle, they are to answer a science question. Finally, the question mark allows the student to ask anything they want to the teachers. This went very smoothly, and they students loved it, especially the challenge questions! this is the first time I did any get to know you activity, and I will definitely use it again. I can't wait to spend time with this great group of 4th graders!

Comments