Teaching Climate Change in the Classroom

Dr. Edelstein mentioned a lot of eye opening things when it came to climate change. It was clear that he wants to make a real difference. It's up to us, teachers in training, to educate the future generations on this topic. Personally, I believe that climate change is real, and it is just getting worse. Why would we want to do all of these things that we are doing to our beautiful planet? When I am a teacher, I think the children will already have at least some prior knowledge on climate change. They hear about it everywhere, the different opinions of it, and so on. I will be the teacher that really tries to get the students to understand that climate change is a serious issue the WE have created. I will go over ways to change their daily routine to make a change. For example, turning off the lights when you leave a room! Small changes can make a big difference!

Comments